The benefits of early intervention
The years from birth through age 5 are critical in human development and important to society and family. At Sewall Child Development Center, we’re dedicated to helping children with special needs and their families during these crucial years.
Through our early intervention services, we help young children develop cognitive, physical, speech and social skills despite the challenges they face.
But we can’t do any of this without the support of our donors.
A contribution to Sewall is a sound investment. Numerous studies show the benefits of early intervention to society. Children who receive high-quality preschool are:
- Less likely to need special education services.
- Less likely to need to repeat a grade.
- Less likely to experience teen pregnancy.
- Less likely to commit crimes.
- More likely to graduate from high school.
- More likely to attend college.
- More likely to own a home.
These benefits show a financial return between $4 and $12 for every dollar invested in early education.